Monday, July 15, 2013

First post and a brief introduction to me

All right, so I have been wanting to get back into writing for a while and I figured what better way than to get back into blogging.  I'm not sure where I'll take this blog just yet, but I do hope to write somewhat regularly.

I'll start with who I am to give you some idea of my background.  I currently work in education, but have previously worked in wireless technical support, retail, editing, web development, and in a lab environment.  I have degrees in English and Biology, but have been out of school for a few years at this point.  I'm aiming to get back into school in the future, but for now, I am working and supporting my SO through school.

Politically, I do not identify with any party, but I am very liberal, and I'm not planning to hide it or tone it down on this blog.

I am an atheist, but I don't care what religion anyone else wants to practice, as long as religion isn't being used to restrict rights/establish laws.  Coming from a science background, I am passionate about scientific advances, and I have a problem when religious beliefs stand in the way of progress.

Now that you know a bit about me, I hope you'll understand where I'm coming from, and that you will enjoy reading my future blog entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment