Thursday, July 25, 2013

No, I don't want to "party" with you. For real.

So I was having a bit of a rough night tonight so I decided to go for a walk. This is a rare choice for me with the heat of AZ. I was just going to walk around for fifteen minutes or so, just to clear my head.

As I was walking, some guy beat on his window to get my attention, then waved frantically at me. I squinted to see if it was someone I knew. Then he came bounding out of his apartment. "Do you live around here?" he asked while stepping a little too close to me.

"Yeah, in another building." I replied while stepping away.

"We're looking for another girl, come on in and party with us."

"No thanks, I've got to work in the morning."

"Aw, come on, we need another girl."

"No, I can't, but have fun."

"It'll be fun, come on." He stepped closer to me and gestured towards his open door.

"Nah man, have a good night." I hastily walked away without looking back. When I arrived at my building, I turned and could still see him outside, so I walked all the way around my building and down to the office to give him time to lose interest before I returned to my apartment.

While I have no idea whether his party consisted of drinking, drugs, sex, scrabble, or any combination thereof, it was frightening to have someone repeatedly enter my personal space after I said no to him.

I'm also pissed because this is the first time I've gone for a walk in my new neighborhood. Who the hell thinks it's okay to bother someone like that?

I'm disappointed and frustrated tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment